Friday, December 1, 2017

A Butterfly and Daisy from Crossed Wing Collection


I stitched this butterfly and daisy and placed it in a small porcelain jar sometime in the early 90s.  I don't remember the exact title of it, but I think it was designed by Crossed Wing Collection.  It was done with a Continental or Tent Stitch silk gauze.  My teacher for this class taught us to just do the design and not fill in the background.   I think now it would be customary to fill in the background.  Maybe it was the custom then, too, but the teacher didn't do it that way and the directions did not say to do it.  Perhaps they just didn't want to include the silk threads in the kit and this way just kept the cost down.  I wish that I knew.  I don't recall the name of the containers, but I think they were made in Great Britain and were a bit pricey.  

No comments:

Post a Comment